I cannot get the wireless remote control work. I can use the Escape-button, but the rest doesn't work. Buttons sometimes control volume. I have paired it correctly with the iPad. In my Bluetooth settings, I see RemotePAD. I have tried this many times and concluded the remote control does not work correctly.
NOTE: On some models RemotePAD may look like RemotePAD-XX (where XX can be any other 2 letter code).
- Product: TeleprompterPAD remote control.
- Devices: Any iOS, Android or Windows device.
- App: Any compatible app.
Step by step solution
Maybe the pairing is under wrong or corrupted mode, please try restarting the pairing by doing the following:
- Turn off the remote and completely delete (forget) from the bluetooth screen of your iPad (IMPORTANT: it is not enough to disconnect, the remote must disappear completely).
- Turn on the remote control by pressing START+A simultaneously and pair with your iPad again as RemotePAD.
NOTE: On some models the correct name may be RemotePAD-OK.
Also check the following:
- That the side switch is in Teleprompter (TP) position.
NOTE: If your remote control lacks a TP label or lacks a side switch, skip this step.
- That the keyboard mode is not active (the keyboard is identified with a green light). If the remote led is green, please press the keyboard button again to deactivate the keyboard and allow scroll commands to be sent to the app again.
Currently most bluetooth devices, after a successful first pairing, reconnect quickly just by turning them on, but from time to time the connection is not established correctly, although our bluetooth screen indicates that everything is ok. In these cases, forcing a new connection from scratch solves the problem.