I cannot get the wireless remote control work. I can use the escape button, but no other buttons work. Buttons sometimes control volume. I have paired it correctly with the iPad (or Android Device or Windows PC). In my Bluetooth settings, I see RemotePAD. I have tried this many times and concluded the remote control does not work correctly.
Possible cause and quick fix
- Check app compatibility
- Restarting the BT pairing
- Check the batteries
- Only for Huawei and other similar devices
Is the app you are using compatible with the remote control?
Please note that different remote control manufacturers and different teleprompter app developers use their own -and different- remote control system. Unfortunately there is no standard connection system for all teleprompter remote controls.
Please check the compatible apps list and make sure to use a compatible app or directly use our recommended teleprompter app: TeleprompterPAD app.
Using an unsupported app may not work or work partially and the remote control may appear to be malfunctioning. This would be like trying to control a Sony TV with a Samsung remote.
Restarting the BT pairing
Maybe the pairing is under wrong or corrupted mode, please try restarting the pairing by doing the following.
- Turn off the remote and completely delete (forget) from the bluetooth screen of your device (IMPORTANT: it is not enough to disconnect, the remote must disappear completely).
NOTE: If you have paired with other devices repeat this step on ALL DEVICES.
- Turn on the remote control by pressing START for about 8-10 seconds (the led will flash indicating that it is searching for a new device) and pair with your device again as RemotePAD (RemotePAD-OK on some models).
Also check the following:
- That the keyboard/Mouse mode is not active (the keyboard/Mouse is identified with a green light). If the remote led is green, please press the keyboard/Mouse button again to deactivate the keyboard and allow scroll commands to be sent to the app again.
- If your remote has a side switch, move it to Teleprompter position [TP]. If your remote control lacks a side switch, skip this step.
Currently most bluetooth devices, after a successful first pairing, reconnect quickly just by turning them on, but from time to time the connection is not established correctly, although our bluetooth screen indicates that everything is ok. In these cases, forcing a new connection from scratch solves the problem.
Check the batteries
It may seem obvious, but actually it is not, because the logical thing is to think that if you can still turn it on and connect, the batteries are not the cause, but illogically, the batteries can still be the problem.
Please, even if that doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem, try replacing the batteries with new ones.
The remote control for teleprompter, like so many others, when the battery is nearing the end of its useful life, it still has power to turn on the led, but the connection can be unstable, even when it shows that the remote control is connected correctly.
Only for Huawei and similar devices - Update Webview
Most Android devices update the webview automatically when you update the operating system, but other devices, such as some Huawei devices, use the Google Chrome webview and require updating the browser.
Update your Google Chrome app from the Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome
The webview is the display and operation engine of some specific types of app, such as TeleprompterPAD app, if you do not have it updated then some features of these apps will not work correctly, such as the use of the remote control of our app, which works but not as expected.