As indicated in the open file message, the TeleprompterPAD app accepts plain text files in .txt format with UTF-8 encoding.
You can save or convert to .txt format from any text software, such as Microsoft Word or Pages or you can use a fee online service like document.online-convert.com.
Here are some brief examples of how to easily save or convert your scripts into a txt format compatible with the TeleprompterPAD app.
How to convert any text script into .txt UTF-8 format from any text software like Microsoft Word or Pages
To save or convert any text to .txt UTF-8 format from any text editor, such as Microsoft Word or Pages or similar, do the following:
- Load your script in your text editor (Microsoft Word in this example).
- Click on file> save as (or "export" depending on your software).
- In the file type choose the Plain Text (.txt) format.
- In the file encoding format, choose the Unicode UTF-8 encoding.
How to convert online any text script into .txt UTF-8 format
You can use a free online service like document.online-convert.com to convert any text format in .txt UTF-8 format.
- Go to document.online-convert.com/convert-to-txt
- Drag and drop or load from your device (or from your cloud) your text file in any format, such as .doc, .docx, .pdf, .epub, .ppt and others.
Optional: You can choose OCR (Optical character recognition) to improve the convertion for scanned documents, pdf or ppt. In this case, choose the language of the document in the drop-down.
- Press start conversion. After a while your .txt file will be ready to download.