This is a troubleshooting guide with quick fixes and FAQ for those experiencing technical issues with our remote.
If you want to check the remote control button mappings and guide, please refer to our guide on How to use Teleprompter PAD Remote Control to learn the basic functions.
FAQ & Possible easy fixes
- Check APP compatibility
- The wrong Remote mapping mode may be selected in the APP
- Pedal Mode is selected and causing issues
- Restarting the BT pairing
- Check the batteries
Is your Teleprompter APP compatible with the remote control?
Teleprompter PAD Remote Control is designed especifically to be used with our FREE TeleprompterPAD APP (available on iOS, Android, Windows and Mac).
You may be using the wrong APP
Please be aware that using third party teleprompter APPs not included in the compatible APPs list can result in the remote functions not working as expected. Unfortunately, there is no standard remote system for all teleprompter APPs so using our FREE TeleprompterPAD APP is highly advised.
Please use TeleprompterPAD APP or check the compatible APPs list and make sure to use a compatible APP.
Using an incompatible APP may result in the remote not working or working partially. This would be like trying to control a Sony TV with a Samsung remote, it is not advisable.
The wrong Remote mapping mode may be selected in the APP
PROBLEM: If the Y and A buttons don't seem to work, you may have selected SPEED MODE, but you expect the Y and A buttons to do the job of SCROLL MODE, or vice versa. Please choose the correct mode according to whether you want these buttons to perform on-the-fly speed or fast forward and rewind.
There are TWO remote button mappings that change the functions assigned to some remote buttons. These are intended for different styles of teleprompter speech delivery, so be sure to choose the one that suits your needs the best:
Scroll Mode (Easy Mode): Map "Forward/Rewind buttons" near the play/pause button. It is recommended to preset a speed faster than your reading speed and then use only the play/pause button to control text scrolling.
Speed Mode (Pro Mode): Map "+/- Speed buttons" near the play/pause button. Select it if you prefer to use on-the-fly speed to control text scrolling.
Remote modes can be changed on TeleprompterPAD APP's floating menu or left side menu, where you will find images for the button mapping of each mode.
LEFT SIDE MENU
Pedal Mode is selected and causing issues
Our app has a built-in function for our TeleprompterPAD Pedal Case Accessory, that turns your hand remote control into a foot switch pedal.
This mode should only be switched on when you intend to use the APP with the pedal. Otherwise, it should remain switched off to avoid unexpected resutls when using the hand remote.
You can switch it on and off on the left menu or on the floating menu.
LEFT SIDE MENU
Restarting the Bluetooth pairing to factory settings
If you are experiencing issues when pairing our remote to your device via Bluetooth, please try resetting it by following the instructions below:
- Turn off the remote and completely delete (forget) RemotePAD from your device's Bluetooth settings (IMPORTANT: it is not enough to disconnect, the remote must disappear completely).
NOTE: If you have paired the remote with other devices, please repeat this step on ALL DEVICES to avoid your remote to auto-connect to them while going unnoticed.
- Completely remove the batteries and insert them again. Turn on the remote control by pressing START for about 8-10 seconds until the LED light starts flashing. This indicates that the remote is reset and it is searching for a device. Pair the remote with your device again (it should read RemotePAD or RemotePAD-OK on some models).
NOTE: Some old models reset differently: instead of pressing START for 8-10 seconds, press A+START simultaneously to turn on your remote and then pair normally as any bluetooth device (device name might be different from RemotePAD, something like "Mocute..." or similar).
Check if your remote LED is red:
- Make sure the Keyboard/Mouse mode is not active (the Keyboard/Mouse is identified with a green LED light). If the remote LED is green, please press the Keyboard/Mouse button again to deactivate the keyboard and allow scroll commands to be sent to the app again. LED light should be red, indicating Teleprompter mode.
- If your remote has a side switch, move it to Teleprompter position [TP]. If your remote control lacks a side switch, skip this step.
Check the batteries
It may not seem obvious, but largely discharged batteries, despite allowing the remote to turn on, can cause the remote to malfunction, so this can be an easy fix if your remote is working unreliably.
Add fresh batteries:
Even if this doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem, replacing your old batteries with new ones can be the solution to your issue.
Want to upgrade your teleprompter game?
Check out our teleprompter pedal case accessory that turns your remote control into a foot switch pedal. Hands-free teleprompting has never been so convenient!