The TeleprompterPAD app supports PDF files (created with Adobe Acrobat or similar), DOCX (created with MS Word), ODT (created with Open Office) or TXT (plain text created with any text editor).
UPDATED: Currently the encoding of the txt file does not need to be UTF-8 because our teleprompter app automatically does this process internally. However, if you have to choose one when saving your file, we recommend using UTF-8.
You can save or convert to .txt format (or any of the other supported formats) from any text software, such as Microsoft Word or Pages or you can use a free online service like document.online-convert.com.
Here are some brief examples of how to easily save or convert your scripts into a txt format compatible with the TeleprompterPAD app, but you can use this same method to save or convert your files to PDF, DOCX or ODT:
- How to convert any text script into .txt from any text software like Microsoft Word or Apple Pages (only from mac, not from iOS)
- How to convert online any text script into .txt format
How to convert any text script into .txt UTF-8 format from any text software like Microsoft Word or Apple Pages (only from Mac)
NOTE: Different versions of Apple Pages have different limitations for exporting to other file formats. Consequently, currently only the Mac version of Pages allows you to export as .txt. You can read about it in the official Apple site: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202227
To save or convert any text to .txt UTF-8 format from any text editor, such as Microsoft Word or Apple Pages or similar, do the following:
- Load your script in your text editor (Microsoft Word in this example).
- Click on file> save as (or "export" depending on your software).
- In the file type choose the Plain Text (.txt) format.
- In the file encoding format, choose the Unicode UTF-8 encoding.
How to convert online any text script into .txt UTF-8 format
You can use a free online service like document.online-convert.com to convert any text format in .txt UTF-8 format.
- Go to document.online-convert.com/convert-to-txt
- Drag and drop or load from your device (or from your cloud) your text file in any format, such as .doc, .docx, .pdf, .epub, .ppt and others.
Optional: You can choose OCR (Optical character recognition) to improve the convertion for scanned documents, pdf or ppt. In this case, choose the language of the document in the drop-down.
- Press start conversion. After a while your .txt file will be ready to download.